Sunday, June 24, 2007

glaciers melting in the dead of night

muse

(I feel terribly stupid right now because I just jabbed myself in the gum with my fingernail and it hurts. Teach me to bite my nails.)

We watched
Zodiac finally. It was good! Everyone told me it was so long and draggy but I didn't feel it at all; maybe that's because I love murder mysteries. Especially true ones! It was very detailed, and respected authenticity, which I really appreciated. And I also heard so much about the abrupt ending, but it didn't really bother me. Fincher says, "I liked the idea that there was not a neat ending, but I also find the ending satisfying, because it's real, it feels true. Some things just don't get wrapped up neatly."

Although I felt, as I so often feel, that the film was marketed wrongly. Trailers suck.

Fight Club is still my favourite Fincher film. fFf. For one it's just so funny. I cannot think about that scene with Tyler Durden and Edward Norton stealing the fat from the liposuction place, and the bag of fat catching on the wire fence and breaking and Ed Norton trying to catch the pink dripping fat with his cupped hands... I cannot think about that scene without laughing. Perverse Schmerverse.

OK kids back to KI. I've actually been studying today (which makes it the first time all year), and I feel rather intellectual! I like David Hume. He was fat and happy and clever and brave and most importantly
a Skeptic, a position which I find myself leaning towards. Oh yes and he was Scottish which is always good too.

No comments: