Thursday, September 06, 2007

spacier than an astronaut

nada surf

Roger Federer has gone from ugly to passable to mildly handsome in the space of a few years. It's more than just a vague supposition, by now - it's downright official. It
no longer can be ignored. I think it's time someone put this remarkable phenomenon under closer scrutiny. How has he done this? We need answers!

Apart from a) psychological shifts in our attitudes towards him ("he's so talented! he's so nice!" = "he's not bad looking!") and b) psychological shifts on his part (success = confidence = attractiveness), which are both possible explanations, let's try to pinpoint this down to something more concrete (than maybe plastic surgery). After all Feds is magical, yes, but not
that magical. Please refer to Figures 1 and 2 below.

Figure 1: Feds in the ugly years (I hate to be mean, but -)


Figure 2: Feds in the attractive years (I know, right? So strange to call him that.)

I mean obviously he ditched the gross hair. His now hair is pretty nice. And I suppose the complexion has improved too. But other than that... hmm...

It's the
nose, isn't it? It is! It's become practically tiny! Right, he got plastic surgery, I'm pretty sure now. Oh Feds. Your secret is out. But anyway, Marat Safin and Juan Carlos Ferrero will always be the handsomest men in tennis.

No comments: