Saturday, January 12, 2008

the light pressed up against your shoulder blade

sufjan stevens

Father: Dyou want to see Love In The Time Of Cholera?

Me: No.

Father: Why?

Me: All the reviews have been horrible.

Father: And you're gonna let these idiots tell you what is good and what is horrible?

Me: Yes.

Father: If you let these idiots tell you that, then you are also an idiot.

Me: Well, I'd rather let them tell me what to watch, than you.

Father: You have to go to the cinema for yourself and decide if it's good for yourself.

Me: And pay money myself to go find out for myself.

Father: Yes, that is the act of self-actualisation.

(pause)

Father: You've seen The Darjeeling Limited?

Me: Yes.

Father: Is it good?

Me: Yes. Not your kind of thing.

Father: Now, I'm not going to let you decide for me what my kind of thing is or isn't.

(pause)

Father: I have decided for myself that The Darjeeling Limited is not my kind of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAAHA. your father so funny!