sufjan stevens
On Friday we went into the National Library and I came out with an audiobook in my Ipod. I searched their shelves for something good and I found The English Patient. I had read it before, but a long time ago, so it was familiar yet unfamiliar - perfect. Here is a tip for no one: If you are carving a mask on a Saturday afternoon and you have an audiobook around, listen to it. There is no better set of circumstances.
The book itself is nicer than I remembered (I think now that I am older).
Sunlight pours into his Cairo room. His hand flabby over the Herodotus journal, all the tension in the rest of his body, so he writes words down wrong, the pen sprawling as if without spine. He can hardly write down the word sunlight. The words in love.
Many things to consider when picking audiobooks that are unnecessary with normal books. Not least the person who is reading. Ralph Fiennes uses his very Ralph Fiennes voice, which I like.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment