As my birthday approaches (OK, not really.) and adulthood (OK, not really. OK, oldness.) looms on the horizon, I find myself thinking more and more about what things will be like when I leave this country and run away to another country, something I've been threatening to do for a long time. But now that it's actually going to happen in the near future, I find the thought fills me with some strange unspeakable dread, much like Cassandra walking into the House of Atreus, except hopefully not so bloody.
Number One of The List I Will Miss: Easy Access to Quality Japanese Food. Not that there isn't quality Japanese food out there, but it won't be the same. It'll be strange. It'll be foreign. Today I had lunch at Sun With Moon, that nice place at Wheelock, and just felt so happy at the miracle that is salmon.
Not to mention the miracle that is Sun With Moon's tofu cheesecake.
And I haven't even started on Sushi Tei. Or Sakae. I take great comfort at being able to walk into Sakae and carry out our little ritual with the chopsticks and the wasabi and the water and the softshell crab maki. Great comfort. Awwww, what am I going to do without you.

No comments:
Post a Comment