john mayer
Suddenly it all comes back to me: why I love and hate holidays in equal measure. June is full of long, lazy dog days where you do simultaneously too little and too much. You find yourself with enough time to ask stupid existential questions ("But why?") which all lead to the conclusion that you don't really need to study. And then I remember that these are the last June holidays I'll ever have to go through.
There's obviously way too much angst going around right now. As Edward Norton's mind-penguin says in Fight Club: let it slide. One's personal happiness is totally determined by what one chooses to get upset about, instead of one's personal circumstances, am I right?
Busking was incredible. We totally owned. We were like if Radiohead combined with The White Stripes and Arcade Fire and Muse into one awesome super-trio. I'd hazard a guess that we three alone made enough money to support a small country for a year. The public were honoured to witness the birthing of a new rock superpower. That is a day that will go down in history. Those who couldn't make it, I'm sorry to say that you missed out on the greatest musical event of the twentieth century so far.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment