Wednesday, July 09, 2008

scratching her wrists in the pouring rain

mercury rev

Me: Why don't we get a cat?

Mother: You mean like what? A kitten?

Brother: Yeah, kitten.

Mother: But you're leaving to study in a year's time, then who will take care of it?

Brother: ...
ME.

Me: He's not totally moronic, you know. I'm sure he can handle it.

Brother: I need to learn some responsibility!

Mother: We could get a very old cat, so it'll die before you fly to America.

Me: What! No.

Mother: Who's gonna take care of it when we all go on holiday!

Me: I'm sure I can find some junior to do it.
(joke - I am all for the Junior Rights Movement)

Mother: What I'm afraid of is if I get too attached to this cat. Then when it dies I'll be miserable.

Brother: The cat might well outlive you.

Mother: Excuse me?

Me: ... I don't think we should get a kitten. Because what if it grows up to become a really hideous cat.

Mother: Exactly. You can't tell.

Brother: Never mind! If it's ugly then you won't be so sad when it dies!

Me: I want to get a full grown cat, then we don't need to house train it and shit like that.

Mother: Already trained? You can't just walk into the SPCA and find a cat like that! That kind you have to get from some ang mohs who are migrating or something...

Me: Eh! Like Lofty.

Mother: ...you have to go to Cold Storage...

Brother: What! Cold Storage?!

Mother: Yeah you know those notices they put up on the board, with the phone numbers and all.

Brother: Ohh. I thought you meant like, we go to Cold Storage and buy a frozen cat.

Me: Hahahaha. Yuck.

Mother: Hahaha. Instant Cat Powder! Just add water!

Brother: Yknow what let's just get a sea monkey.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

HAHAHilarious.