
The Selby is your latest form of escapism. If you, like me, are wakeful in the township, looking at pictures of other people's beautiful homes and beautiful stuff and beautiful lives will fill you with a joy that is at once liberating and terrible. Oh jealousy. I thought people only lived in places like that in movies or interior decorating magazines.


(This last picture belongs to Grace and Kenyan, whose house is frightfully amazing. (Grace is that model from Project Runway 2, the one who won with Chloe!) I think they spend every day wandering through their fields with their horses and their bows and arrows.)By the way, I had a very bleak dream last night: after we finished our last 'A' level paper, they promptly rounded us up in the hall and put us into a concentration camp. It was one of those hyper-realistic dreams - I'm still not sure whether certain conversations I remember having, happened yesterday or in my head.

No comments:
Post a Comment