Saturday, April 04, 2009

Conversations with my Mother, Part 1

(4th April - in the car, after watching Confessions of a Shopaholic)

Me: I quite liked Isla Fisher but I though Hugh Dancy was miscast, Kristin Scott Thomas was miscast, and I hated that girl who played the best friend. There’s an art to playing the best friend and that girl did not have it.

Her: And the plot was nonsense.

Me: Yeah and I hated the clothes, oh my god!

Her: Yeah! The clothes were so ugly! It was almost an insult to the brands! Like, does Prada really make dresses like that?

Me: It’s that same woman who styled it right? That Patricia Fields who does Sex and the City?

Her: … Sex and the City clothes are terrible.

Me: I KNOW, RIGHT? OK, whew, good, because I thought I was the only one. When the movie came out everyone was talking about how nice the clothes were, and I was like, huh? Am I looking at the same things that they are?

Her: Yes. Yes. It’s terrible. I’ve watched that series for 7 years and seen maybe 10 nice dresses altogether.

Me: Oh thank god. That awful Patricia woman made me doubt myself. But then why do people all keep talking about stupid Sex and the City fashion?

Her: You know why, it’s because American women don’t have any taste, that’s why.

Me: I guess so. Yeah. You’re probably right.

Her: It’s true. All these years I’ve been watching that show and I don’t know what the fu-

Me: (gasp)

Her: -ss, what the fuss is all about. What?

Me: Uh, nothing. Yes, what the… what the fuss. Nothing. I totally agree.

1 comment:

nsn said...

where's part 2!