File this under bizarre and/or adorable.
MONTE CARLO, Monaco (AP) - Roger Federer will face Rafael Nadal next month in an exhibition match played on a court that is half grass and half clay.
Federer, a four-time Wimbledon champion, is the world's best grass-court player. Nadal has won the last two French Open titles and has a 64-match winning streak on clay."The result is not the most important thing. It's about having fun out there," the top-ranked Federer said Thursday at the Monte Carlo Masters. "It's going to be exciting and a good atmosphere. It doesn't always need to be crazy serious out on the match courts."
The exhibition match will take place on May 2 in Mallorca, Spain, where the second-ranked Nadal was born.
"It's very nice for both of us," Nadal said. "It will be a nice experience. The tickets are complete (sold out)."

Hahaha. I can't imagine how bloody confusing that match is going to be! I wanna watch too!
Unrelated note: Danny and Oswald got eliminated today on Amazing Race. I'm bummed. They raced pretty damn badly over the past 2 legs, but still. I love Danny and Oswald a lot ok. Now I don't even think I want to watch the finale. It's always like this when you get too attached in reality television.
5 comments:
I'm still going with Feds. In 3 sets. They should televise this... the person who came up with the idea is GENIUS.
And cheer up about Danny and Oswald.
Ahaha CLARE. You aren't Clare on this blog. Your name is Clean Rat. Hate to break it to you.
WHY must I be Clean Rat! Come onnnn!
Coz you have been all this while.
But OK, fine, you can be Clean Art, too. Or A Central. Choose?
Clean Rat, definitely.
...
...
Anagrams suck.
Post a Comment